Thursday, November 18, 2010

To think or not to think?

Discussing. Deciding. Conferring. Thinking. Dreaming. Doubting. If you all do not already know. I am the "Jaz" and the colorful nonconformist in his own mind is the "imberley." We did have a discussion the other day about life, the process of thinking, the logic behind thinking, and the purpose for why it even exists. Thinking is an important characteristic that we have as human beings possess over every other mammal. As I heard an individual state before " God gave the lion his roar, but humans thought and prayer." I think the big difference between Imberley and I is that though I question everything around me, though I ponder about many thoughts and reasons; I consider as true that humans are not meant to know everything. Just as it is impossible for everyone to be perfect, reach 8,0000,000,0000 light years away from our Earth, or fly. Take a look at the world around us, think about the world beyond our world, the space that takes up our world, and everything in between. Imberley questions why? as do I, but i have an understanding with myself, with my creator, with my mind and body that I am not meant to know why about everything. Does that mean I should not think, not question, not ponder, doubt, or dream? Not at all. If you really think, I mean consume yourself about thought about everything that happens in this world, you would inevitably be a really depressed person.  Thinking is a race one will never win. Maybe it depends on what you think about. The thoughts in which I have are different to Imberely's. Maybe others choose not to think about the bad and focus on the good. Maybe others choose to think about math or writing or creating a new world; not necessarily the viscous cycle of life. Maybe people are ignorance due to the sake of their own sanity. Maybe not.  Through this thing called thought, comes hope. Hope is the answer to all in my eyes. Hope through belief and  incomprehension. Hope is the foundation to all in my eyes. Maybe I am blind, maybe I can see the moon, maybe I see swrils of figrues that do not exist. Nevertheless they are my eyes. What do you see?


No comments:

Post a Comment