Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thoughts; Why

So today I had a discussion with my co-blogger about thoughts, thinking, and "why." Sooo...it's time for another post!

The human mind is endowed with this wonderful ability to think, reason, consider, process, mull-over, whatever one must call it. So why is it that some people choose not to think about certain things...?

Time is immeasurably precious. There is no reason to waste it. Ever. This is where thinking comes into play: have you ever sat there and thought "...why am I doing this...?" It's an interesting question...I will admit, I have recently discovered this power of mine to think. Just ask yourself why. It works wonders for the human life.

Now to tie this to something more gripping, or perhaps controversial: Why do people have such a problem with homosexuality?

STOP!

IF YOUR ANSWER IS "Because                  told me it was wrong," "Because the Bible says it's wrong," or "Because it is immoral," ask yourself

WHY

Ok. Do you have a good answer...? Why is it immoral? WHY does the bible say it is wrong? Why are you, your parents, or those who find it immoral, so deeply convinced that it is a sin?

I'd like an answer

Blindly following the blind is just as self-effacing as conforming to a society and it's beliefs.

I'm going to say this now, be forewarned:

i'm about to get VERY controversial here. Me and my co-blogger have some beliefs that are polar opposites, and others that are perfectly aligned. This will make for an interesting ride. :]

you've been warned...

with that in mind, enjoy the life of the blog. it will, from this day forward, be branching off quite sharply...

No comments:

Post a Comment